The point of many business’ marketing strategy, whether simple or complex, is to generate leads. If your efforts just aren’t producing results, then something has to be done. It’s time to reevaluate and tweak, or just throw away and start fresh. Some efforts resonate well with customers while others just don’t seem to connect as planned. Sometimes, these failures happen because many old marketing strategies just aren’t cutting it in today’s ever-changing world.
This is especially true in the realm of Business-to-Business Marketing. If you’re a company struggling to generate new leads or keep old business clients, then you’ll understand this problem. The old B2B marketing strategies of cold calls, direct mail, and trade shows just aren’t producing the types of results that they once did. The reality is, buying habits have changed for every customer, businesses not excluded.
As the surge of online marketing continues, your target audience of customers can conduct buying research much faster than they can connect with a salesperson. By the time they are ready to make a purchase or sign a contract, they typically know what they want and don’t want, and are just looking for someone to close the deal. So, with this in mind, the key to creating a successful B2B online marketing strategy begins with utilizing your website and all of its potential from the get-go. After, you can delve into the world of online marketing in the digital age.
5 Keys to Successful B2B Marketing in the Digital Age
- A quality website makes all the difference. Your website is the first thing that your clients will see about your business when researching potential buying options. If you want to attract and retain site visitors, be sure to have a well designed, well written website. Your site should feature a clean, simple design and professional content that is proofread and error-free. Keep your message clear and obvious for your potential clients when they visit your website. And with focused calls-to-action throughout your site, you future clients will know exactly what their next steps should be.
- Hit the bullseye by targeting your perfect client. By identifying exactly which businesses fall within your “perfect client” spectrum, you can narrow your marketing efforts to the most relevant modes only. Where are your business clients looking for information? What are they looking for most in their service provider? Determining the 5 W’s about your clients (who, what, when, where, and why) will help you determine which are the most cost-effective ways to market to them.
- Connect with you’re audience via LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the perfect place to generate new leads and connect with potential business clients. This social media outlet allows you to make personal, online, working relationships with other professionals in your industry while placing related businesses right in your path.
- Growth takes time, effort, and nurturing. As with all things, lasting growth doesn’t happen immediately. The sooner you recognize this truth, the sooner you can begin taking the necessary steps for increasing your clientele base. Be committed to pursing potential clients through any and all means possible. Be persistent and diligent with your work. Do whatever it takes to make your potential customers feel like more than just a sales number or statistic. Even working relationships need nurturing, so make sure your clients feel like a valued, crucial part of your success.
- Don’t stop creating great content. You’ve poured your resources into redesigning a fresh, updated website, and you’ve added some intriguing blogs to your site that future readers might enjoy. Now’s the time to sit back and wait to see the results, right? NO! Keep writing. Keep thinking about relevant, catchy blog pieces, press releases, and articles that might attract future business. Don’t get comfortable with what’s already done because your repeat visitors will quickly get tired of you. Even if you don’t see skyrocketing growth immediately, trust that it will come. Keep creating fresh content throughout every step of your marketing campaign to ensure that your readers receive intriguing, helpful, and up-to-date information whenever they need it.
Don’t give up on your B2B marketing strategies just because your old methods haven’t been producing results for a while. Instead, a quick consultation with a web marketing expert can help you revamp your efforts into a highly effective strategy that will actually reach your audience. Connect now with our team at Neon Goldfish online, via email, or on the phone to get answers to your questions and develop a Business-to-Business marketing strategy that will work for you.