Happy Customers: The Key to Customer Loyalty
Online purchasing is supposed to be a quick and convenient process, providing buyers with the ideal buying experience. But too many times, customers abandon their online shopping carts, clicking out of the screen and moving on without ever completing their transaction. If you’ve done that before, you’re not alone. We’ve all done it before. In fact, according to one study, 78% of customers have quit an online transaction before completion. Why is it? The answer is: a poor buying experience. Apparently, customer service is an integral part of your customer’s buying experience.
“It is six to seven times more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is to keep an existing one.”
Keeping your customers happy is one of the main keys to maintaining customer loyalty. Having committed customers that you can rely on is essential as you delve into new territories and attempt to grow your business. And, placing an emphasis on high quality customer service is one way to keep your customers coming back again and again.
“Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” –Walt Disney
Great customer service involves:
- Creating a company-wide atmosphere that is all about the customer and their overall satisfaction
- Humanizing your customers; they aren’t just a number or sales statistic
- Reciprocity. You jump through hoops to give your customers an optimum buying experience and they return the favor by giving you their repeat business.
- Personal touches. Your company has a special something that sets your business apart from its competitors. Highlight in all of your marketing efforts, showing your customers that they’ll always receive one-of-a-kind services from a top-notch company.
- A well-thought marketing strategy that focuses on your customer’s needs and interests. Your approach matters and makes a huge difference in how you connect with your customers.
Are your customers getting the V.I.P. treatment with every buying experience, or are they getting lost in a sea of sales statistics and benchmark goals? Those things are truly necessary in order to measure your company’s growth and success. Just don’t lose sight of what truly measures your success: your customers. If they’re happy in the long run, you’ll be happy too.
If you’re looking for new ways to improve customer satisfaction and increase customer loyalty, the best place to get started is to evaluate your current customer service strategies. And while you’re doing this, be sure to talk to your marketing professionals and include them in your efforts. They can help you create a comprehensive marketing system that promotes your changes, measures your performance, and connects you with your clients’ on a whole new level.
To learn more about how Neon Goldfish can help you provide a killer buying experience for your customers, contact our offices today. One quick, no hassle consultation can set you on a path for success where both you and your customers win with every transaction.